Crimson 3.1 - Embed Tag into Multistate text Flied

jacquesp

Hi

I'm trying to embed a Tag into the text field of a 'Multistate' Tag in Crimson 3.1. Is this at all possible and if so what is the syntax to follow?

Image.jpg

You can drag a string tag from the Resource Pane and drop it there.

If you drag & drop that tag from the resource pane, the Text field says:
Code:
=iPOM
So...you may be able to write an expression like
Code:
="READY" + iPOM
It's been a long time since I messed with string concatenation in Crimson, so I'm not 100% sure "+" is the right operator...

I don't have a CRx powered up and handy to test, but if that doesn't work, you can also write a Program that has a string as its return value and then drag & drop the program into the Text field.

joseph_e2 is correct.
But you Crimson won't let you type "Ready " and then drag a Tag in to the box, it just overwrites what you typed with the Tag. Not too terrible, because you drag the Tag in and then edit to get ="Ready " + Tag.
Instead of dragging a Tag in there is another way that keeps anything you type first. Go to your Tag list, right click the Tag you want in the Text Box, and copy, then go to the Test Box where you want the value and right click and past.