PositionDataScaling - Invalid Attribute Value on ControlLogix PLC

Lem

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello everyone, been trying to figure this one out for awhile now.

The system configuration is as follows:
Processor is an L63 5563 ControlLogix Rev 15.4
Motion group is 16 Axis + Coordinated system SERCOS running Kinetix 6000 drives.
The motor in question is a parker linear mag drive with an RLS encoder.

This is not a new machine as it's been in service for over a decade.

We started getting a SERCOS fault that leaves all of the servos in setup state 3, with the actual fault listed on the servo as "PositionDataScaling - Invalid attribute value" and the Axis fault being "ConfigFault"

Initially the encoder was thought to be the culprit so it was replaced, to no avail. Since then the entire slide assembly including motor, encoder, overtravel/home switches etc has been replaced along with all cables back to the drive, and the drive itself has been replaced. (The motor/slide was worn out so needed it anyways)

This fault only seems to occur if the machine is power cycled, and then not 100% of the time. But the weirdest thing about is when it does occur the ONLY way I have found will clear it is to download a 2yo or so backup of the PLC program into the machine, and then once the SERCOS is happy at state 4 to re-download the current program back in and then it seems happy.

About the only thing that hasn't been replaced is the SERCOS card, I even tried a different processor one day.

Has anyone seen this kind of issue before?