Indusoft to Factorytalk

Unlikely, but why would you want to?

It's like upgrading from a Porsche 911 to a Ford Pinto. I'm familiar with both software packages... Indusoft wins hands-down when it comes to a choice between the two.

And that is a big question: why? The only reason can be standardization on Rockwell HMIs.... because it cannot be that FT View SE is better than Indusoft, because it's definitely not.

Rockwell had a conversion tool at one time that would do some rough conversion for Wonderware Intouch.

But despite both now being owned by the same company and briefly sharing a similar product name with Wonderware, there's no such thing for Indusoft Web Studio.

Also, Indusoft offered a FactoryTalk/RSView import and conversion tool, but not the other way around.

In general, Indusoft has so many features that are absent or different in FactoryTalk View, that conversion in that direction is going to be a hefty amount of labor.

One important difference is that Indusoft uses VBScript as its scripting language, which is available all the way up and down the product line. FactoryTalk View SE uses Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), but only in the FTView SE version.

So much of the syntax will be similar-but-different, and if you're converting an Indusoft Web Studio application to FactoryTalk View Machine Edition (used on the PanelView Plus), you will probably find features or functions in the existing system that you cannot easily implement in the new one.