Factorytalk View Studio V12 - Can't create v5.10 runtime?

I recently upgraded my version of FTView studio to V12. I am attempting to modify an older PV Plus 700, which has v5.10 firmware. I am noticing that in V12 of FTView Studio, I can no longer create MERs down to 5.10...The lowest it will go is 6.0.

Is there a patch for FTView Studio V12 to allow it to make v5.10 MERs? Or is it possible to upgrade the firmware of the PVPlus 700 to at least v6.0 so that I could make an MER?

I know there were some major changes to the underlying OS of the Panelviews around this time, I'm hoping there is some relatively painless solution for me here :)

Yes as you mentioned, I downloaded the Dec 2021 patch roll up for FTview Studio v12 and it included the correct patch to allow MERs to be created for v5 and v5.10. Thank you!

...In this case, it is important to note that version 6 of the .mer file is backward compatible with version 5 of the firmware. This means that you should be able to download and run the version 6 .mer file on your PV+1000 with version 5 firmware without any issues.

OK, so the post above is a reply to an old thread, but since these posts live on for years we can't let others reading this thread be led down a false path.

To be clear, the statement quoted above is not correct. A version 6 runtime (MER) requires a minimum of version 6.0 firmware. The PVP 700 terminal the OP mentions has version 5.1 firmware and cannot be upgraded. Version 5.10 was the last firmware update for this terminal. Rockwell introduced the PanelView Plus 6 terminals that started with firmware version 6.0. So there is a hardware difference between version 6 (and newer) and version 5.1 (and older) terminals.

New PanelView hardware can run older MERs. For example, a version 6.0 terminal can run a version 5.1 MER. A terminal with version 12.0 firmware should be able to run any MER version up to and including version 12. But it cannot run a version 13 MER. The PanelView is backwards compatible, not the MER.

OG