Fatek FBs-60MC and XY-MD02 problems

wangine

Hello everyone , is my first post here .
I used before Automation direct , siemens and proface HMI and PLC , but i never programed a MODBUS RTU . I know how that work but i cant read that sensor XY-MD02 on Fatek PLC . I read on documentation i found that sensors are none parity , but when i buy it on each sensor was written by hands 9600,E,8,1 , so that i have are even parity i suppose .
I read them on PC , with strange results , i mean the data was in 4 digit unsigned , so i need to divide by 100 to get corect value . In documentation i've seen need to be divided by 10 .
The PLC i use in my home for climatic automatization , with Weintek HMI and work perfect . But i can't manage to communicate with that sensors.
Any help would be appreciated , also i can put some print screens with my program if that help .
Thank you in advance
Bobby

Welcome to the forum!

I found a manual here: http://www.sah.rs/media/sah/techdocs/xy-md02-manual.pdf

Is that the one? It is a bit of a mess (not clear, typos, some of the CRC-16 values in the examples are wrong), so I would not trust anything it says, and treat everything as rough guidelines.

It does not say what the parity of the XY-MD02 serial communication should be. I would try different options until I got it to work.

Last edited:
This claims a description is wrong and parity is odd, or no parity and two stop bits i.e. 8N2.

Note that 8E1 (even parity, 1 stop bit), 8O1 (odd parity, 1 stop bit), and 8N2 (no parity, 2 stop bits) will all use eleven bits (1 stop, 8 data, 2 parity+stop) per character (byte).

Last edited:
This claims a description is wrong and parity is odd, or no parity and two stop bits i.e. 8N2.

Note that 8E1 (even parity, 1 stop bit), 8O1 (odd parity, 1 stop bit), and 8N2 (no parity, 2 stop bits) will all use eleven bits (1 stop, 8 data, 2 parity+stop) per character (byte).

Thanks for response in first place , was realy quick (y)
Yes , i know how that work , i'm hardware enginer but this sensor mess me up. I have to many unknown points . One is the sensor different than datasheet . Second the wprolad software is realy cheap so.... is just for home automatisation , nothing in field.
Other thing , i never use MODBUS protocol , just in C and ASM , on microchip microcontroller family , but on PLC is kinda different and the documentation is realy dry .
Other thing , i dont know where the data received from sensors are stored ,
in static or working register and witch one . I try to see on all, nothing change , just some data i dont know if the measure from sensor or not , clearly it is something .
https://prnt.sc/OPuqZt3a_9qO
I try to find some videos but no succes.
One is kinda ok , but not realy helpful.
thanks