PLC communication over 4G router to Remote SCADA

MAKSM

Hello Experts,

I would like to know how can a PLC with modbus tcp/ip protocol can communicate with remote scada with modbus tcp/ip over gsm 4g network ?
Will the GSM 4G routers at both end simply act as pass through or data from plc to be mapped in gsm router, then mapped from plc side gsm router to scada side gsm router and then mapped from scada side gsm router to scada.
When using Net Module NB1601-LSc 4G router.
Please advice

Thank you.

Hi, I use Net Module NB1600 (now obsolete), at server end I have openVPN and at router I install client certificate. Then it traverses the Openvpn tunnel. Encrypted and secure.

Openvpn is free.

Thank you. Will this gsm routers act as pass through? Between plc and scada communication irrespective of the protocol used?

There are M2M (machine 2 Machine) tools that already allow this E W O N, TOSI box, etc.

Alternatively you could use Modbus->NodeRed<->MQTT<->NodeRed->Modbus