Kepware routing help

stretch_af

Kepware rookie...

For some OEE purposes, we are trying to collect data from a ControlLogix PLC. We have to go thru an another ControlLogix backplane to get there. We keep getting "invalid device id" errors. Is it possible? Is our format wrong?

The path we set is: <10.1.ww.yy>. 1. 2. 2 <192.168.xx.zz>. 1. 0

10.1.ww.yy is an EWEB card, to the backplane, out the ENET card in slot 2, to the other PLC. Seems right. Maybe not...

Thanks
Justin

It looks essentially correct to me.

There should be a "." before the second IP address (but I assume you typed this out instead of copy/paste/edit).

Remember that ControlLogix slots start at the leftmost Slot 0. This assumes that your second Ethernet module is in the third physical slot (2) of its chassis, and that the target ControlLogix CPU is in the first physical slot (0) if its chassis.

Have you been able to navigate the same path with RSLinx Classic and maybe set up an OPC Topic, and use the Test Client ?

Yep, that path was typed out. I forgot the "."

I can drill down to the processor thru Linx.

Next question is DH+. The same 10.1 chassis has DH+ cards. Any pointers on what the format thru the backplane and out a DH+ card would look like?

Unfortunately I'm not sure how Kepware navigates the 1756-DHRIO.

MSG instructions from PLC's are aimed at the DHRIO itself with a payload that says "execute a PCCC/DH+ command on this Channel, with this target node/gateway node/link ID, and give me the result". There's no CIP path that includes the channel/node/gateway/linkID.

RSLinx Classic basically does that behind the scenes and shows it in a graphical browse.

So this might be a Kepware-specific configuration question that I can't answer.