Eurotherm 650 drive to AB753

tristan860

We are changing from an old Eurotherm drive to an AB753 and I have a few questions.

Seems like the 753 has less I/O's on Port 0 in comparison to the Eurotherm Port. Can we still wire directly or do we need extra ports?

Do we need to change our program inside the PLC since most of the programming was on Eurotherm drive itself?

I attached a picture of how the Eurotherm was wired.

Thanks in advance, Everything seems way different.

eurotherm 650.jpg

Do we need to change our program inside the PLC since most of the programming was on Eurotherm drive itself?

If this is the drive I'm thinking of, you can do quite a lot of setup in there. You'll need the DSE lite software, a USB-serial converter and a serial-RJ11 cable to talk to it. The operator panel is connected by the RJ11 port. The software should be free, but a quick google shows the first few websites are charging for it. It's basic but easy to use and is similar to FBD, but there's quite a few pages of setup options to go through with PID blocks, mathematical functions, timers and such.
If you can't get hold of the install file, I'm sure I've got it somewhere.