S7-315 and Siemens MP 377 HMI Comms problems

smakdown61

I'm trying to get my S7-315 plc to communicate with my MP 377 HMI Station over ethernet but I'm having some problems. I have all the correct IP address set in each config area (I'm able to communicate to both individually with my PC) but I don't get any tag communication with the HMI. I noticed when I created the HMI station in the Step 7 manager it actually creates a new HMI project. I developed this HMI seperately in WinCC before I added anything to the PLC program. Is there a way when adding it into the manager to have it see the HMI app I've already created?

Not really sure of your question-

Is this what your trying to do ????

Requirements
(from WinCC Flex Help)
  • A STEP 7 project exist.
Integrating a project
  1. Open the project to be integrated in WinCC flexible.
  2. Select the "Project > Integrate in STEP 7 project" menu command. The "Integrate in STEP 7 projects" dialog opens.
  3. Use the dialog to help you navigate to the folder in which the STEP 7 project is saved. With a default installation, STEP 7 specifies the path <C:\Programs\Siemens\Step7\S7Proj>. Select the STEP 7 project for the integration and close the dialog by clicking OK. The WinCC flexible project is now integrated in the STEP 7 project.
You can continue to edit the project directly as soon as it is integrated.

then check your connections in netpro

you can connect there
The tags from your s7 cpu should be browsable (if thats a word)