Choosing a right configuration for Home Automation

boby_thomas

Hi,

My project is to automate a house. But I am confused. I have an HMI panel with me. ( http://www.exorindia.com/webpage?ReadForm&wPageName=products&c=eTOP%20500%20Series&t=Products )

what i wanted to implement is to automate a few things in the house and control it via the HMI.

I want to automate the whole lighting, gate, sprinklers, security system ..etc.

Please someone provide me with the a few details

1. The suitable PLC i need to buy
2. A link to or description of list of sensors, converters.. etc that i needed to use.
3. A link to or description of how the connections are to be made to these sensors.

Thanks in advance.
Boby.

Last edited:
Maybe while we are at it we could redo your house roof, strip and rebuild the engine on your car, find a 'nice boy' for your eldest daughter and pay off your mortgage.

At least put some effort in before you ask the questions, put 'home automation' in to Goolge. Even search here for 'home automation'. Visit a home automation forum.

Another 4.3 inch color touch screen can be a PLC in itsself. So you don't need to get a separate PLC. See http://www.icpdas-usa.com/tpd_430.html . It programs in ladder or C. This one can link on RS485 to temperature modules by the same maker like I-7015, or isolated in/relay out moudles such as I-7060. The RS485 is really easy to connect. It is just a twisted pair bus that you connect all modules in parallel to.