To implement MODBUS RTU slave in VB on computer

swapnil

Hi,
We are doing the project on PLC-DCS interfacing. The main problem in this project is the protocol mismatch. We are using Messung's Xmp8-20 PLC which uses proprietary protocol for serial communication and the DCS we are using is Delta-V which uses MODBUS protocol. So we can't connect them directly. We have to build a protocol converter for MODBUS-proprietary protocol communication. Uptil now we are able to receive the data from PLC by sending read command.
We have programmed it in VB6.0. Now the remaining part is Modbus slave implementation.
DCS acts as Modbus master and send queries continuously. We want to create holding registers in computer which is MODBUS slave in this communication. The data from PLC should be written at these holding registers.
Required holding register addresses are: R40000 to R40100.
The communication parameters are
Baud rate : 9600
Data bits : 8
Parity : none
Stop bit : 1

We will be very thankful if anybody can help us.

Our contacts:
Vijay:
[email protected]

Satyendra:
[email protected]

Thank you,
Vijay and Swapnil