1756-dnb error

i'm trying to interface a 1756-dnb to a couple devices. i've got the rsnetworx configuration complete and dowwnloaded to the device. when i go online in studio 5000, the scanner is faulted out. the code is "16#0108 connection request error: connection type (multicast/unicast) not supported".
what could be going on here? i'm using an l72s cpu and a 1756-dnb/a

Is the 1756-DNB in the local chassis with the controller, or in a chassis connected over ControlNet or EtherNet/IP ?

If it's in a remote chassis, do other connections to that chassis work ?

What is the RPI of your connection to the 1756-DNB ?

Have you tried de-selecting the Unicast checkbox for the DNB connection (if it's over EtherNet/IP to a remote 1756 chassis) ?

Does your Major Revision in the 1756-DNB object in the I/O tree match the actual module ?

This is unlikely to be a DeviceNet related issue, but rather a matter of the ordinary connection between the CPU and that 1756-DNB module.

it is in a local chassis. rpi is 20 msec. the module revision is correct.

the label on the module say 3.010, but the firmware appears to have been upgraded to 7.003. i have tried with both revisions in the software.