RS Logix 5000 monitor/reporting

stallone

Good day all,

i have a small plc pogram on a compactlogix running version 19.

its a small breakdown system, the machine operator presses the button and it alerts the shift guys by way of a flashing lamp in the workshop.

The progam works great but i want to know if there is a way i can monitor and do reporting on the plc program,

what i mean is i want to see what time the operator pressed the button and also see what time the button was acknowledged and things like that.

Can anyone point me in the correct direction in terms of what i can use and go about this.

thank you

There is a real-time clock. You could load the three values, HH:MM:SS, into some integer fields on a rising edge of the button and the acknowledge. I assume you could also pull or push those values someplace else.

thank you for the replies, i have 10 machines all with a pushbutton and they come back to the plc in my workshop, and when pressed it just lights up a beacon light per machine and they each have reset buttons.

I dont want to spend too much on hmi or anything else, i was hoping the rslogix 5000 software had a feature to record what was pressed when and then maybe send this data to excel or something

If you have a old PC, you can install AdvancedHMI for free. It will read and log your values for you and even email a report out.

It would also be possible to collect the data in the PLC and send it out on an email, this would work with the right network setup.

Hey stallone,

You can easily create an array that would store the values of the time at which the button was pressed through a system variable. Once you have the array you have the option to either pull it onto an HMI (as others have suggested), or you can just use RSLinx to pull the data directly into Excel. In other words, you could just create a spreadsheet link to let's say 10 latest presses (or 1000 if you need?) that would automatically update on the laptop that's running RSLinx. It's very easy to setup, the only downside is that it will only update when said laptop is connected through RSLinx.

Let us know which route you take.

I have only gotten back to this now,

i have Rslinx Gateway and connected to excel.

Is there a way to log the time and date of an event in the plc and save it to the excel sheet as a report.

Like i want to know when the alarm was triggered and when it was reset, and then have it logged to excel and then to a report.