Studio 5000 v32 / 5380 v32 Stability?

theColonel26

Lifetime Supporting Member
So I am currently on version v30, but I would like to take a advantage of new feature in v32, mainly better ST debugging, so I can actually see what the values of tags are in my ST code.

From all I can tell you can't run version Studio v32 and target v30 firmware. Which is (n). I have v32 installed, but I am still using v30 for all my projects as I was told to stick with it for a while until v32 was more stable.

But I would really like to switch. Can any one attest to the stability of v32?

EIA:
I have 30.11. Isn't there a newer Minor release version out? Where do I download the update. Rockwell's site is garbage to navigate.

Last edited:
No problems running v32.02 for about 9 months now on 5380 Guardlogix alongside v30.01, no issues that I've experienced though I don't use ST. And I don't use VMs.

How do you update Studio 5000? I am running 32.00.00 I think there is a new version but I don't know where to download it.

Also how do I add a Firmware .dmk to Studio 5000? I have 32.11 but I downloaded 32.13?

Last July I got an email from Rockwell stating:

"This Product Notice informs you of an anomaly that exists with firmware versions 29.011 and 32.011 used with AllenBradley® CompactLogix™ and Compact GuardLogix® controllers. Customers may experience a major nonrecoverable fault (MNRF)."

So, you won't want to use 32.011 firmware.

I have (2) recent projects I used 32.012 firmware and no issues. I was able to download 32.013 firmware, and did several times, but couldn't get it to work. Came up with an error that something was missing/corrupt in the file. I don't really remember what it was.

If one is already running V30 the same activation will activate ANY RSL5K/Studio5K versions from V10 to the currently latest release V32.02...Rockwell Software does not 'activate' versions...One purchased copy 'activates' ALL INSTALLED VERSIONS...

One cannot update to the latest release unless purchasing it or if a current Software TechSupport contract exists.

Go to Downloads by Serial Number and enter your info...You'll be made aware if eligible to upgrade or not.

Last edited:
Last July I got an email from Rockwell stating:

"This Product Notice informs you of an anomaly that exists with firmware versions 29.011 and 32.011 used with AllenBradley® CompactLogix™ and Compact GuardLogix® controllers. Customers may experience a major nonrecoverable fault (MNRF)."

So, you won't want to use 32.011 firmware.

I have (2) recent projects I used 32.012 firmware and no issues. I was able to download 32.013 firmware, and did several times, but couldn't get it to work. Came up with an error that something was missing/corrupt in the file. I don't really remember what it was.
Thanks good to know. I am getting an invalid cert error. Which means AB let the signing certificate expire... ugh

If one is already running V30 the same activation will activate ANY RSL5K/Studio5K versions from V10 to the currently latest release V32.02...Rockwell Software does not 'activate' versions...One purchased copy 'activates' ALL INSTALLED VERSIONS...

One cannot update to the latest release unless purchasing it or if a current Software TechSupport contract exists.

Go to Downloads by Serial Number and enter your info...You'll be made aware if eligible to upgrade or not..
We do have a TechSupport contract thanks I found it.

I had found it before but I didn't realy what the drop down menu was for. (After you enter in you license info.

Thanks

ControlFlash has turned into a dumpster fire. I figure they have purposely made it more obnoxious to push ControlFlash Plus, which actually is a better product, with the exceptions that it is slow to load and uses FactoryTalk Linx as a communication driver as opposed to RSLinx.