Recommend me a Logic Programmable Device Compact?

asterixyz

Can someone recommend me a compact device to control logic on/off beacon according to signal from a PIR ?

Some RTU maybe. I am newbie in automation device.

It will be used in a truck in miner open pit.

Thx

Maybe more details would help... what are you doing with the beacon ? what is the PIR? does the PIR manufacture have anything that will interface?

Maybe more details would help... what are you doing with the beacon ? what is the PIR? does the PIR manufacture have anything that will interface?

Oooh sorry.

Beacon will warn when a operator/driver is inside of cabin of truck, while it is stopped. Beacon will be arround the truck in exterior of course. The PIR sensor send a voltage 24 vdc when a movemnent is detected.
I thought I can solve this using only a pair of solid state relay. However I would like to add external comunicación to connect a server or similar in the future.
Initially I found a SIMATIC RTU3010C, but it is so expensive :(

I think I would contact the truck manufacture and let them know what you are wanting to do and see if they have any options

Thanks for the details !

In this context, a "PIR" is a Pyroelectric Infrared Sensor, of the sort that are built into simple motion-sensing
and occupancy sensors of all sorts. I have one that turns on the lights in the washroom at work, and two
that light up the path and doorway when I get home at night.

Controlling an external beacon with one of those switches is a trivial task as long as the voltage and current
of the PIR sensor are compatible with the beacon. A quick Google search finds 12V to 24V compatible ones for $10 USD.

Connecting a discrete input to an RTU or radio telemetry system is a much bigger question.

Do the trucks already have telematics ? Do they use your local cellular phone networks ? Are there auxiliary inputs in those telematics systems ?

What sort of "Server" do you want to communicate the truck occupancy or other information to ?

Is there other truck information you want to send to a central server, from the engine or HVAC or fuel or payload or GPS location ?