FTME 11 Locking Up on Win 10

Bob O

Anyone run into FTME 11 just locking up when you do a right click then tag search/replace on a screen?
Task manager can’t kill it and I must reboot PC to shut FTME down.
It had been working fine for a couple months.

Thanks

Do you have an IT department? Do they push updates to user's machines? Did they do one recently?

If yes to all three, these last two are the biggies: are they able to fix it, and then keep their clumsy hands off your system in the future?

It's a possibility; just sayin'

Maybe they've added search/replace to the context menu in v11, but do you mean Tag Substitution? I'm going to vote that the box is opening off screen for some FactoryTalk reason. Immediately after opening search/replace or tag substitution, before clicking anything else, hit ESC on the keyboard and see if it is no longer "locked up".

I “think” Bob O IT is responsible.
Looking for Windows updates, I remember I had installed ACAD True Viewer 2021 between now and the last time I launched FTME. I'll know more when I get into work and finish the uninstall/install. Just uninstalling ACAD didn't fix it and I had more issues after that.

The tag search/replace window wouldn't open, FTME just locked-up.

Thanks,

Okay, still locks-up after the uninstall/install but ESC gets me out of it [Didn't try that before]. I looked at all my monitors, laptop and two others but didn't see the window.
I've been bit by the off screen window before when I didn't have the monitors connected.

So it wasn't actually locking up, just search/replace window was off in space somewhere?

I wonder if this is some FT issue with Windows 10 scaling? I don't use W10, but I've see threads occasionally where people suggest changing some scaling value.

ESC got me out of it so I guess no it isn't locking up but that window is somewhere.

This has been running without issue for a couple months.