RSLinx Ethernet to 1761-ENI to 5/04 serial passthru to DH+ Panelview

OkiePC

Lifetime Supporting Member
RSLinx Ethernet to 1761-ENI to 5/04 serial passthru to DH+ Panelview...

I know, I know that is a lot to ask.

The goal is to be able to program a PV1000 in a frozen corner of the plant from the warm cozy office.

So, is it possible to configure my devices to allow Panelbuilder transfer utility to use an RSLinx ethernet driver to get to the 1761-ENI module which connects to the serial port of the 5/04 which has passthru enabled, it then needs to go out to the DH+ port to the PV1000.

I suspect the 1761-ENI is going to be a problem in this scenario, and after exhaustive searching, i didn't find this particular combination of communication devices discussed...

All responses appreciated...

Actually, I think you'd do better with a general-purpose Ethernet to Serial converter that implements a "COM Port Redirect" function. That way you configure the DF1 Full Duplex driver for the KF3/KE Device Type and point it at the virtual COM port. The data is whisked away to the Ethernet/Serial converter and comes out the serial port as DF1 Full Duplex, with the proper routing still in place to browse through the SLC onto DH+.

Lantronix CoBox or Digi One will both do this; you don't even need their "IA" or "IAP" industrial automation firmware versions. Moxa and any number of other makers also build a serial/IP device server.

I do know that the 1761-NET-ENI will not do what you describe; I have tried it and determined the protocol reasons why.