S7-300 Analog I/O module

step7moj

:(
Hi!
My name is Marko and I have problem to setup and program S7-300; AI4/O2x8bits analog I/O module.
Please, if anyone has experience and send me an example of PLC(LAD) program that addresses and reads 1 chanal, would be great.

I am looking forward to hear from you soon.
Respectfully,
Marko.

Last edited:
Marko

When you insert the analog module on the rack in the hardware configuration screen it would have been assigned (or you assigned) the addresses for the analog in and out. To read the input you would just load the appropriate address (byte or word)

L IW*** (where *** is the assigned input address) or for the byte value
L IB***

To write to the output you would transfer a value to the appropriate address

T QW*** (where *** is the assigned output address) or again for the byte value

T QB***

You have not stated what analog module you are using, part number would be useful, nor what the application is.

As I have just re-read your post while typing this reply, I see that you have stated that the analog module is an 8 bit one, in which case you will use L IB*** or T QB***

I must admit though, that I have very little experience with analog module for S7's.

Hope this helps

Paul

Hi!

Thanks for the answer Paul.

I have more questions thou: How can I program the module using LEDER logic(module is: SM334; AI4/O2x8bits) and scale/unscale instructions?
The module is in slot 6(the processor accepts phisical address only) and supose to have the address PI288 PQ? .
How do I address CHANAL0?
Thanks in advance,
Respectfully,
Marko.
:(

Last edited:
Analog data is written into the peripheral area of the plc, so you will have to use PIW

PIW256 is the default setting for an analog, if the address hasn't been used.

call "scale"
in:=PIW256
hi_lim:=100.00
lo_lim:=0.0
bipolar:=m100.0
ret_val=mw200
out :=LD300

The Dark Knight said:
Analog data is written into the peripheral area of the plc, so you will have to use PIW

Thank you Dark Knight for reminding me that I left out this important bit of information! banghead

Paul

:unsure:

Hi!

Thanks for the help!
Please, tell me how can I program the analog module using LAD logic(I am not familiar with STL).
My modul is in slot 6 (address is done automaticaly by the CPU) PI288..295; PQ288..291.
Thanks in advance,
Marko.

utoh
Hi!

Thanks everyone, you were helpful.
When I mentioned LAD I ment just I/O addresses, but you already sent me PIW 256.
My address is PIW288 for the CH0, PIW290 for the CH1...
Everything else is visible from the STL.
Thank you very much.
If there is any corection, please do it.
Thanks again,
Sincerely,
Marko.