VFD Mitsubishi F-700 22KW Drive...

You need a VFD with In built chopper or use an external braking unit. Also configure the VFD to either Open Loop Vector or Closed Loop Vector. Closed Loop vector will need an encoder. The success of the system will be in torque proving your brake release

Just to notice that Mitsubishi FR-F700 is intended for fans and pumps. It is excellent drive but it is not for this application, you should use FR-A.

Okay thanks...
By tomorrow, I will be replacing it with YASKAWA A-1000 model.... This Yaskawa Drive has Pre-loaded program for HOSTING application...also, it allows for a Brake Resistor to be connected to it without the use of a Brake Unit....

Thanks for your assistance...

My recommendation is to use Mitsubishi FR-A800. It has powerful PLC inside and 250% torque overload, and there are as far as I know also the ones for hoisting applications. Yaskawa is also very good, but please check if the size (current) is ok with your motor in heavy duty regime (HD). I used a lot of Yaskawa drives, but almost always had to buy one grade higher than motor.

Great.... you are absolutely correct. The motor is 18.5 kw, 33.4 Amps....and the Yaskawa is 18.5/15 kw... heavy and light duty ratings.

What do you think about this level of match between the motor and the Yaskawa VFD on heavy duty application...?
I believe the Heavy Duty rating is the 18.5 kw

Great.... you are absolutely correct. The motor is 18.5 kw, 33.4 Amps....and the Yaskawa is 18.5/15 kw... heavy and light duty ratings.

What do you think about this level of match between the motor and the Yaskawa VFD on heavy duty application...?
I believe the Heavy Duty rating is the 18.5 kw
No, the higher kW rating would be the lighter duty rating. The components inside are the same. The difference in the duty rating is based on the Overload capability. "Light Duty" means they are expecting that you will NOT overload the drive, so for things like centrifugal (quadratic) machines like pumps and fans. "Heavy Duty" means that you likely WILL overload is momentarily, basically ANYTHING other than a centrifugal machine.

After I have changed the VFD from Mitsubishi F700, I requested that they change the electric Motor because the motor is very old...and the Yaskawa VFD-1000 detected leakage to Ground.

Lo and behold...they brought another Brake Motor 18.5 kw WEG motor... this motor does not have fan on it at the Brake end....
So, I consider it an Inverter Duty Motor...
So, firstly, I hook it up directly to 3-phase, 415v Supply, through an MCCB only, and powered up....it's brake released and it run smooth for 10 minutes...it was pulling 20.2 amps on no-load...also, its body temperature was cool .... but the brake end of its enclosure was hot...

My Questions:

*1). This motor does not have fan on it's shaft...is it how Inverter Duty Motor are designed...?

*2). The brake is rated 400vac.... but my voltage is 415vac...can this be responsible for the temperature on its brake end of the motor housing...?
I feel 415v should be within the brake tolerance..

*3). Is this the behavior of all Inverter Duty Motor...?

*4). How come it does not have cooling fan..?

*5). Do I still need to connect the Dynamic brake Resistor....since this motor has a perfect brake on it...?

*6). Both VFDs are in my possession (Yaskawa A1000 and Mitsubishi F700, so with this Inverter Duty WEG motor... which do you advise I use for this new brake motor...?

Remember...it is a HOIST application...used in SHIP for raising and lowering it's heavy anchor...

I need your advice and guidance...as I will be connecting the VFD to the motor by tomorrow...