Send Messages to a PLC through UDP

dconstan

I build a program in VB.net that reads network packets coming from an Omron PLC. What the program does is gather these packets, then it Filter them to get the text messages, and then it stores the information in SQL server. The reason for this exercise is to gather Faults and other problems with the PLC for later reporting and preventative maintenance. But now I need to be able to tell the PLC that I received the packet so it can proceed, and if I do not send back a response in 3 seconds lets say, it should send back the same error to the PC, it tries this 3 times then it quits and proceed.

SO I need to know how can I send a packet to the PLC? Where do I send the packet to? what should I send.

PLC CS1G
VB.Net
UDP Protocol

Regards,
Danny