OT: Siemens L+ & M

Rob...

Lifetime Supporting Member
Ok, as we all know a lot of connections on siemens equipment have the letters L+, M and PE or ground symbol.

We all know what they mean, an what should be connected but I was asked today a simple question.

What does the 'M' stand for, is it an abbreviated German word? I know it's the 0V reference.

My German is fairly good, but I'm struggling to think of any word that begins with M that would describe it's function. As I'm a curious guy, it's just something I'd like to know, if anyone on here knows?

Perfect thanks.

Wonder why it did not show up when I searched for it? Anyway, I have the answer I was looking for.

I ended up finding the link on Google... I also found your question, funny how fast Google scans the website and then adds it to the search 🍻