Required example logic for bump less changeover

shazad5444

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi friends,
I'm writing a des for bump less power change over, but due to megnetic contactor feed back signals I'm not achieving bump less change over, any body can send me example program screen shots in ladder logic?

Are your two supplies (assuming AC of some kind?) Even synchronized? If not, it will never be "bumpless".

As BobB said, this is a job for a dedicated controller. You also need several different types of protection for the secondary source to ensure it doesn't start trying to supply power back into the grid.

Some more detail on your application is really required.

Are your two supplies (assuming AC of some kind?) Even synchronized? If not, it will never be "bumpless".

As BobB said, this is a job for a dedicated controller. You also need several different types of protection for the secondary source to ensure it doesn't start trying to supply power back into the grid.

Some more detail on your application is really required.

Hello Safa, we have three LT power input and one output. I wrote codes for this logic ( Siemens) but need to push button twice to change over from one power to next, cause of delay is opening magnetic contractor feedback. However I’m working on it partially, as I’m busy on some other projects.

They are not expensive - Crompton have a cheaper one - they are ATS controllers - cost less than trying to write software that will have issues I guess.

Upload some screenshots to show us what you've tried so far.

The contactor might take a few scans worth of time to drop out. So you need to de-energize one first, then once your feedback shows that it is open, then close the alternative source's contactor.

This certainly won't be bumpless. It simply can't be with the hardware you have and no way to synchronise sources.

When you have sources that can be synchronized, you close the second contactor first, then open the first one. But that requires sophisticated protection systems not achievable with PLCs.