EtherNet/IP ERROR Code 0x02 (Resources Unavailable)

mihiri

Hello All,

I am trying to configure a Modbus Master(Xport-EIP-MB adaptor{Acts as a Modbus Master}, this device converts a Modbus RTU server into a EtherNet/IP server) device to communicate with a Modbus Slave (Which is the Modbus RTU server).

The Modbus Master/Client send a Modbus message to the slave device to test if the supplied data are supported in the slave. If there is no response from the slave, the EtherNet/IP error code will be 0x02 (Resources Unavailable).

The Xport EIP MB device is a very neat device where we have designed a PCB to incorporate the this module with the industry standard RS485 Slave Modbus RTU communication port.

A ControlLogix5561 PLC is used to directly communicate with the Xport modules EtherNet port. I am receiving this error message at the point where I am trying to send a specific message to the Xport module, which then tries to verify with the Modbus Slave.

Can someone explain to me what could cause this error ? to me it seems like the master has trouble accessing the slave for some unknown reason at this stage.

Thanks for the help :geek:

Cheers

Since that thread never got off the ground and has a different set of facts (an embedded unit, not an external well-known Modbus product) I'd say set up a whole new thread.

Start at the level of the Forum, use the "Start a New Thread" button, and post as much information as you can about the physical connection, the configuration, and the operation that you're trying to make happen.