How to calibrate a load cell & how to program mitsubishi plc for analog input

M. HASSAN

If any body could help me.
1) I have a load cell with 2mv/v output and 10-15vdc as power supply. How do I calibrate for 0-1000kgs.(for both tension and compression direction). What would be the range of the output.
2) If I obtain an standard signal how do I connect it to a mitsubishi plc(FX1S) analog module. I have experience working with siemens plc. Want to know the instruction used to acquire the analog input, how to scale.
Thanks in advance.

Mitsubishi A/D

Hassan,
You will need the instruction booklet supplied with the A/D Module.
In there it gives the information for configuration and wiring methods.
Its been some time but I think you have the options of 0 - 5V, 0 - 10V, 0 - 20 mA. (Might be 4 - 20mA)
The range is a value from 0 - 4000, which you read back into a data register in the PLC and then do what ever maths you need.
Assuming you used 10V then each value = 0.0025V or 0.25Kg.

If you wanted compression and tension, I'd assume you would set the zero point at 2000 (5V) and hence + 1000K = 4000 and - 1000K = 0, but you halve your accuracy = 0.005V = 0.5Kg. These are normally two or four channel units, perhaps CH1 Tension and CH2 Compression I guess it depends on you Load Cell but at least you have the accuracy again,

Regarding reading the actual values you will need to use the TO and FROM instructions, but there are some sample programs with the booklet.

I'll look at home later and try to dig out some further info.

One thing you need to be aware of is the Module header address, as its an expansion unit is it the first one from the PLC itself it will be H0 or do you have additional I/P and O/P modules?
Again the booklet explains this Header Address for the TO / From commands.

Regards, Gene.