Micrologix 1400 Communication with ADAM 4561 USB/RS232 converter

Tremaino

Hi:confused::confused::confused: there,

I am trying to get an ADAM 4561 converter to talk via RS232 DF1 to a Micrologix 1400.

I know that some USB/RS232 converters simply won't support Autoconfigure on DF1, so Ive tried the default settings of ML1400 DF1 parameters; 19200 baud, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, no parity, CRC error checking, but no luck.

Does anyone else use this device / know the configuration?

Regards,

I have that 4561 gizmo. Bought it about 4 years or so ago to configure some Adam Modbus modules, but that never happened.

Dug it out of a box last week because I now have a few modules for a project to set up.

Drivers ready to install, then plugged it in to a USB port per instructions, but it auto installed on an existing driver already present. Same USB to serial driver for the AB 9300-USBS.

Thought Cool, no issues, and it worked flawless for the Adam rigs.

Will it work with AB?, not sure and don't want to try because I have the AB rig in the same bag that uses the cables mentioned by TWS.

I don't like making cables, but in a pinch, I'll use breakout boards by ASI. Have a bunch around for those rare occasions, and they do come in handy.