AB PIDE issues?

dginbuffalo

Hello. I have some equipment that is using two PIDE function blocks. The parameters are set as:

EnableIn - hardcoded 1
ProgProg mode- hardcoded 1
Prog man - turned on by logic
Prog auto- turned on by logic

When the machine is off, we switch prog man to one and prog auto to zero nd move a manual value in to keep the valve in a ready state. When the machine starts, we switch prog auto to one and prog man to zero. Now the issue- sometims it takes a few minutes when we switch to auto for the PIDE to start modulating. It just sits at its last manual setting and seems to take off when it feels like it. There are two PIDE's tha are doing the same thing. Its almost like they are winding up while sitting in manual. Any ideas what could be causing this?

I would create a trend chart that monitors the PIDE Auto and Manual output bits, along with the AutoReq and ManualReq input bits to make sure they are taking effect when you think they are. Also helpful is SP, PV, CV, and CVEU. Depending on what you see, this will lead down different troubleshooting paths, such as timing on scanning the PIDE block relative to setting the bits in logic, PIDE configuration settings such as auto-reset on the inputs, or other logic affecting the output going to the final control element (i.e., the valve).