RSVIEW32 database load problem

gizmo

Greetings,

I need some help with the problem listed below. I'm running RSView32 ver.6.3.

Problem:
When RSView32 attempts to open a project, it stops at 50% and the Watcom SQL ODBC Login Screen appears with a username "tagdb" and a password "******". When pressing "OK" to login, the following error message is displayed and the project is not loaded: RSView - Database Conversion Failed Unable to connect to database server: Unable to start database engine.

Unsucessful Solutions I've tried:
1)
a) Click on the "User DSN" tab.
b) Click on the name of the RSView32 project listed under "User Data Sources".
c) Click the "Remove" button to remove the RSView32 project entry from the User Data Sources.

2) Unistall RSview32 --- Manually delete RTDSK40.exe --- Reinstall RSView32

I still get the same error message!!!
Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks

Fix for DSN

Delete the Watcom SQL 4.0 DSN in ODBC connections. Don't worry View always makes a new one when you open the project and don't already have the DSN. It should have the same name as your project.

DaveMac,
I have deleted the Watcom SQL - Project Name from the location described below:

-Start
--Control Panel
---Administrative Tools
----Data Sources (ODBC)
-----Under the User DSN tab @ ODBC Data Sources Administrator

Is this the same solution that your reply was refering to?

Thanks

Yes. When you restart your project after deleting the connection View will recreate it and that usually fixes any sharing and oddball errors the DSN gets.

I too have the problem...

After installing RS View32, RS Linx in administrator I am able to open the project without any problems.

I have created a limited user and from this user I am having the following error:
When RSView32 attempts to open a project, it stops at 50% and the Watcom SQL ODBC Login Screen appears with a username "tagdb" and a password "******".
I don't know why this error is coming. My OS is winxp sp3.

This sounds like a Security Issue.

Make sure your project is closed, then reboot your PC. Login as Administrator.

Navigate to the Project Directory with Explorer, the Right-Click the Project Directory. Left-Click Properties near the bottom, the Left-Click Security. Left-Click Users in the Top Pane, and then Left-Click Full control in the Lower Pane. Left-Click Apply, then Ok.

Now Logout as Administrator, and Login as the User you have created, Then run RSView32. It should work now.

Stu....