allen bradely 525 drive trouble

Have you checked the fault history? Sometimes a fault will get cleared by communication or something else in the design. But the fault history will always capture it. The powerflex 525 has an excellent fault log. It will capture 10 faults along with drive status data at the time of the fault.

10 Faults? How do we access the faults longer ago than the last 3? Because that's all I have seen logged, is the last 3 faults.

Nevermind, I was able to find this in the paramters 604-610 if anyone else is wondering.

Regarding the F005 faults, the most common fix in my experience is lengthening the decel time parameter 42. This fixes the regenerative type issue. Adding a brake can also fix this if it's a regenerative issue. If it's transient line voltage spikes, adding a line reactor can help.

Last edited:
OT

Ha-ha, old topic, brought back to life. Just saw Lancie1's post on pg.1. It was fun when he was writing here.

Cheers