Database Import Export

gbradley

Lifetime Supporting Member
This may be stating the obvious.
I had an issue earlier today.
My boss downloaded a file from the PLC (SLC500)where he had made some rung changes.(don't worry he is capable)
Since the ladder file was uploaded from the PLC, there were no comments.
I did have a previous version of the file that had the comments.
I was able to use the Database ASCII Export/Import to Export those comments to a file.
Export.jpg

Actually 5 separate files.
Aschii.jpg

Then Import the Comments and descriptions to the file that was missing them.
Worked like a charm.

That was actually more work than was really needed. All that really needed to be done was to upload the file from the CPU and merge that with your existing offline file. Then you would have had your program (and comments) along with the changes made to the CPU. When done, use the Save As option to give it a new name if you wish.

The Import/Export is really only necessary if you want to merge two different databases or work on documentation in another program like Excel.

OG

Operaghost:

Where is the merge database option offered within RSLogix? I can remember seeing it before, but can't find it now.

I, too, have been doing database merges the hard way apparently.

Thanks,
Paul

I have an old Starter version of RSLogix, so I don't know if I can merge documents. Compare is Grayed out.
Anyhow, the Hard way seemed pretty easy to me.(y)
That's why I thought I'd share.

When you try to go online with a processor and don't have the matching file you have the option to browse for the file you want to use and then you select "Upload and Merge with existing Database"