IFIX DI tag to open picture

Well it took me an hour, but i was able to copy and paste some scripts from other objects to make it work. I really need to learn VB.

I was going to say that this can probably be done with a scheduled action triggered by that DI.

I wouldn't do it this way though. Why not open the pop up, put text in box, click confirm, have a msgbox come up asking if the person is sure about it and then execute. Much simpler to do and doesn't rely on PLC comms and state (which can cause havoc on a SCADA when done like this).

I'm going to have to try your way.

The confirm/abort pop is for after machine has started moving. The engineer wants the operator to have to confirm they want the machine to continue to move every foot of travel.

I don't know the application, but that sounds like a nightmare.

How long does that foot of travel take? A lot of people assume that by putting more confirm buttons, that the operator will read more... when in fact is the opposite.

Just today I had the same discussion where I was asked to put such a pop-up and when asked if the function itself could be interlocked, no one even considered that as an option.

Cardosocea, a foot will take a over a minute. The PLC was programmed to require acknowledgement every foot. I can't change the PLC logic at this time since its coming from a contractor.

Thanks everyone !

That sounds excruciating... 8 hours, assuming production goes smooth and it takes on average 2 minutes to confirm is 240 clicks.

Hope no one makes a mistake in the future and someone decides that it now needs to be double click to confirm.