Two scanners on one DeviceNet?

Could you run RSLinx/RSWho and drill down to the 1769-SDN; expand the network (if + available)?
Post a screenshot please.

Something else to rule in or out here...

If you are migrating 3 x SLC chassis' to one CompactLogix System then I can imagine that there are potentially quite a few 1769 modules hanging off the L36, and in more than one bank?

Have you validated the CompactLogix System?

A 1769-SDN can be no more than 4 modules away from the nearest 1769 power supply. If further away then when trying to go online you may experience device mismatch errors or communication faults. Also, make sure that any bus end caps are fitted correctly.

What are the LED indicators on the 1769-SDN doing when in Run Mode?

Regards,
George

View attachment 44430

Attached are the original DNet file, and my working copy.

I have taken a look at the two posted RSNDN files....

The 1747-SDN one looks okay.

The 1769-SDN RSNDN file is missing the Scanlist and obviously, nothing is mapped...No wonder it shows 79...

Open up the two files side-by-side and right-click the Scanner/Properties/ Scanlist; make the two Scanlists (1747 and 1769) identical, including the Input and Output mapping (required by the Logix application) unless you Auto Map.

When done, verify again the Scanlists consistency, the Scanlist Input and Output mapping and each device's configuration.

Save and Download to the 1769 Scanner.

Last edited:
The path to the SDN :

browse_1.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Lookup my previous post...You will need to create a Scanlist for the 1769-SDN...The file you have posted has an 'empty' one...The Input and Output mapping will be determined by the Logix application (if any)...I would manually map the devices' Input and Output data in the order of their Node Address while leaving room between each device's 'footprint'...Or you could Auto Map if don't care...It will be harder to 'parse' the data into Logix tags though...

https://cours.etsmtl.ca/gpa754/references/fabricants/DNet/dnet.pdf

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/dnet-um004_-en-p.pdf

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1769-um009_-en-p.pdf

Last edited:
Entering Scanlist now... after a long day yesterday, I thought that the scanlist would transfer and populate from the 1746. ... Doh.

I would strongly recommend studying the manuals from the posted links though prior to attempting any major tasks...DeviceNet is 'old school' automation...Quirky and set in its own ways I guess...:D

I have modified a half dozen DNets before; this is the first "out of the box" set-up.

Scanlist entered identically (except a few of the devices have chosen size 4 rather than size 2.. Power cycle, reset bit toggled, Run bit on or off, same code 79 result ...

Presuming you Downloaded to the Scanner after creating a Scanlist with mapping, could you go back and Upload the Scanlist and verify it exists as configured?

The more I see, the more I think you will need a 1770-KFD, 1784-PCIDS or a 1784-U2DN to configure the 1769 SDN Scanner.

RSNDN will need a DNet network interface for the initial setup; browsing through the Logix Backplane will not do it.