1769-HSC Active Range

PLC Pie Guy

Hey Folks.

So now that my encoder project is moving forward. I have encountered another little issue.

So I'm using the bits from Local:X:I.RangeActive, starting at .0... I'm sending a value to the Local:X:C.Range0To11[X].LowLimit as my "firing position" for a line peripheral. Such as a filler. I am sure to always add 10 to the value of this tag and send it to Local:X:C.Range0To11[X].HighLimit first so I always have a larger value in there. The operator is intended to use the HMI to give a earlier or later firing signal by adjusting the value going through a MOV instruction from HMIFIRINGVALUE to Local:X:C.Range0To11[X].LowLimit.
This all seems to work perfectly.

I'm doing this several times over the line for different line peripherals.

What I am noticing, is that I am changing the values of the high and low limit tags. I can see it on the watch window for these tags and I can see it on the actual output configuration page for the counter outputs. However, in real life, every time I want to make these ranges respond to the new value, a download is needed.

I'm not getting any errors or anything telling me that I have a bad config, but it seems like the card is not taking the new configuration.

Iv been through the manual but it says nothing about NOT changing the limit values on the fly. They show configuring these values through the Output Configuration tab but not taking the value from the logic.

I should mention.... This is the case on my test bench as well. Its consistent.

Any tips????

Thanks

Last edited: