OMRON CJ2H DeviceNet and IO addressing

pawelleg

Hello Everybody!

as I will have to face project based on Omron PLC and not being very familiar with hardware I would like to ask you for some advises concerning system configuration.
First some facts:
Main and the only rack is filled with CJ2H CPU65-EIP module and 5 x CJ1W-DRM21 for DeviceNet. The first DRM21 module will be connected with Safety DeviceNet with 2 Safety controllers and some Safety IO units on it.

Questions:

1. how to configure DeviceNet networks - using Safety Network Configurator for all 5 networks or maybe just for the first one(Safety network) and rest should be configured via CX-Integrator?
2. how about IO mapping in PLC? How shall be addressing created concerning 5 DeviceNet networks - is auto allocation mode useful in that case? How I will assign addresses for all remote units in PLC program?
3. Symbolic table - is there any way to import addresses with their comments for simple and quicker symbolic list assignment?

That would be all for now ;)
I will appreciate your suggestions!

1. how to configure DeviceNet networks - using Safety Network Configurator for all 5 networks or maybe just for the first one(Safety network) and rest should be configured via CX-Integrator?
2. how about IO mapping in PLC? How shall be addressing created concerning 5 DeviceNet networks - is auto allocation mode useful in that case? How I will assign addresses for all remote units in PLC program?
Use CX-Integrator and move to whatever memory area you wish. Alternatively, when you set your card addresses and create an I/O table in the PLC, upload the I/O table and your address areas will be shown on each card.
3. Symbolic table - is there any way to import addresses with their comments for simple and quicker symbolic list assignment?
Create in Excel and simply copy and paste into CX-Programmer symbol table. If some symbols are duplicated or incorrect CX-P will pop up a window to allow you to correct them.
You can also just copy and paste from CX-P to Excel in the same feshion. you just have to adjust the cell type in Excel to accomodate the I/O addressing for things like 250.00. 250.01 will import OK anyway.

BobB, thank you for your advice (y) !

I have managed symbolic handling via excel already ;) and for configuration i have decided to use one tool only, i hope it will work.