Weeky Schedule in RsLogix 500

In Lad 2 you only need 1 JSR rung. Enter a 3 in the SBR file number box.
I'm getting an error in the emulator that says "Indirect element reference exceeds data file length". It is located in file 3, rung 1, instruction 4.

I found this in the Help instructions.
Copy & paste:
Indirect addressing is valid with SLC 5/03 OS302, SLC 5/04 OS401, or SLC 5/05 and MicroLogix 1400 and 1500 processors only.

I dont know if you can use indirect addressing with the MicroLogix 1100 plc or not.

I haven't figured out how to correct this, maybe someone else more experienced can.

Last edited:
After re-reading the entire thread, I see in post #1 that a MicroLogix 1400 is the processor being used. In post #15 the zipped .rss file had a MicroLogix 1100 processor as well as the .pdf file in post #17. Please ignore the Copy & Paste part of my post #18. Sorry for the confusion.

In Lad 2 you only need 1 JSR rung. Enter a 3 in the SBR file number box.
Jrwb4gbm, thanks for your help. In LAD 2 I just started the project and that’s why I left the JSR empty.
I'm getting an error in the emulator that says "Indirect element reference exceeds data file length". It is located in file 3, rung 1, instruction 4.
I did look up the Micro 1100 prior to working with indirect addressing, here is what I get from the help file:
Indirect addressing is valid with SLC 5/03 OS302, 5/04 OS401, and SLC 5/05 OS500 and OS501 and MicroLogix 1100, 1200, 1400 and 1500 processors only.
Also when I verify the project I do not return any errors in LAD3.
Could this be due to the emulator?
After re-reading the entire thread, I see in post #1 that a MicroLogix 1400 is the processor being used. In post #15 the zipped .rss file had a MicroLogix 1100 processor as well as the .pdf file in post #17. Please ignore the Copy & Paste part of my post #18.
Yes I did change the processor from the 1400 to 1100.
Anyone else feel free to comment?

Last edited:
Although it may initially seem more complicated, using a sequencer is a great was to accomplish this. I have several set up for things like automatic temperature and pressure set-back that you just can't rely on employees to do on a regular basis. The nice thing about a sequencer is that you can use an HMI to form a graph with hours on the horizontal axis and days of the week on the vertical. Assigning a indicator pushbutton to each block alloows multiple schedule changes in a day if the need ever arises. Easy for anyone to change, too.
Can you post an exemple. Thank you.

rguimond's concept seems the way to go, but I dont know if he is refering to the SQL,SQO "sequencer load",sequencer output". I tryied setting this up but no luck.

Mjc,

Do you need an example? Many SQO (Sequencer Output) examples have been posted, but I am always willing to post one more!

Thanks for the response Lancie1. I admit I didn't even search for the SQO instruction mainly because I did not know what rguimond's concept uses, but please do I need to gather as much info as possible to program the schedule which has been a big headache for the past month trying to figure this out.

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=68881&highlight=sqo
All ready came across this post which has you explain the SQO. The issue is what triggers the SQO in the concept that rguimond posted
Although it may initially seem more complicated, using a sequencer is a great was to accomplish this. I have several set up for things like automatic temperature and pressure set-back that you just can't rely on employees to do on a regular basis. The nice thing about a sequencer is that you can use an HMI to form a graph with hours on the horizontal axis and days of the week on the vertical. Assigning a indicator pushbutton to each block alloows multiple schedule changes in a day if the need ever arises. Easy for anyone to change, too.

Last edited:
Unless I'm mising something in the question, the attached should work even if you have to tweak it some. The logic assumes that you're asking the pump to be on across midnight of the day you set up the schedule for. Sorry it's not in true RSL form, but I'm away from my computer that has the software loaded on it. You will also need any overload or other control logic added to the rung.

DOW = day of week, HR = RTC hours, min = RTC minutes

plcs.jpg

Last edited:
The best I can understand rg's method, he is setting up a grid on his HMI operator display screen with days and hour boxes, with the ability to select any box (which loads a day and hour into the Sequencer Load instruction. The final result will be a stack of Day and Hour times, which could be your Start Times or Stop times. You can use a separate SQL (Sequencer Load) for each set of times.

To Unload the times, you would need to compare the RSLogix Real Time Clock to the SQO, and unloads the next stored Start Time when the clock is equal to that next value in the sequencer stack. When the real time = Stored Start Time, turn on output. When the real time = Stored Stop Time, turn off output.

Understand, I am not saying this is the best way for you, but am merely trying to explain how it could be done. There may be easier methods, certainly easier ones to understand and troubleshoot.

Last edited:
Rube, Lacie1 thanks a whole lot for you posts I will go thru them and post any further questions that I may have.
Thanks again

Here is the screen shot of the HMI screen that the schedule is built for. On Day And Off Day Is a Drop Down list Of The days Sun To Sat

Last edited: