Cannot set path in RSLogix 5000 project.

Voltimus

Hello Everybody..

I am attempting to get online with our PLC via the Ethernet/IP card that is tied into our Wonderware 14 port managed switch. I've checked IP addresses and everything is correct. The IP address I'm attempting to connect to is showing up fine on RSActive. So, the only thing I figured that I would have to do is click on the module, click on 'Set Project Path' and I'd be ready to rock and roll. Unfortunately, whenever I do click on the module I'm trying to communicate with, the 'Set Project Path' stays greyed out. There is no Path in Project and I figured at first it might have been an EDS file issue, so I uploaded the EDS and it is still doing the same thing.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Are you drilling down through the module to the processor itself when trying to set the path? You can't set the path to the Ethernet module, you have to go to the Processor itself via the backplane.

Well that would explain why you can't set the project.
However, it looks like you have another issue..... I would re check the set up of your Ethernet/IP module as it sounds like it's not connected to anything.

Maybe you could post your configuration.

2qbvoya.jpg

This is what the main RSWho screen is giving me for active. This is with my computer tapped into the RIO switch.

Last edited:

Have you ever been online with this processor. Could it be you have an IP conflict. ie some other device snatch up that IP or is it all static addresses. Is there a built in webserver on that module can you browse to it with a web browser.

Also what firmware are you running and does it match the rslogix version

Last edited:
This particular computer has never been connected to this PLC, but the company that dropped the program in it has connected to it, obviously. Also, we're getting our wonderware information from it just fine.

I see your RSWho, although when I enlarge it to see it I lose resolution, but you haven't defined exactly what you're trying to connect to (i.e. which IP addresses specifically).

"I am attempting to get online with our PLC via the Ethernet/IP card that is tied into our Wonderware 14 port managed switch. "

Can you clarify this please?

Yes on the firmware situation. It's all correct on that end.

MartB, give me a moment to reupload a better resolution image, didn't want to blast the forum with a gigantic photo...lol

I was able to set the project path using an older version of the program, the path I'm attempting to get to is...AB_ETHIP-1\192.168.1.21\Backplane\0

It doesn't seem to exist on the RSWho drilldowns, and that makes me wonder why it's not there...when our wonderware information is coming in good from that IP address.