Siemens test bench build

Controls Tech

Hello everyone, I am new to Siemens software so please excuse my ignorance, I am interested in building a Siemens test bench with a S7-1200 controller and I pretty sure that this is the software I need to program the controller, Siemens 6ES7822-0AA05-0YA5 TIA portal S7 V15.1 Basic PLC programming software. My questions are what all programming languages this software support? Is this the same as WinCC Basic (not 100%sure what this is, maybe just hmi software? ) I would like to eventually have a HMI and some small drives/servos.

WinCC Basic comes standard with Step7 Basic or Professional.
The languages are Ladder, SCL and function block diagram.

I would look into buying a 1200 starter kit
Call your local distributor.

This comes with a plc, simulator, software and cable. Great deal
Some even have an hmi in them. This depends on the starter kit you buy

https://www.google.com/search?sourc...S8Efb-Qg8#sbfbu=1&pi=siemens 1200 starter kit

Last edited:
Those are the trainers I was originally looking at, I was just wanting g to make sure I was understanding the software types and what they are capable of. The $999 basic kit with software, so I am correct that this software has the capability of building HMIs and programming drives? I am use to dealing with Allen Bradley Controllogix and PVP HMIs.

I would look into buying a 1200 starter kit
Call your local distributor.

This comes with a plc, simulator, software and cable. Great deal
Some even have an hmi in them. This depends on the starter kit you buy

Yes, do this.

I have the Starter kit with the 1212 and 4" HMI, and license for the software. I think I got it through my distributor for about $500 or so (don't quote me - I don't remember exact cost!)