Using a pointer or condition Don't know what to call this one.

Kipper

We have a repair hole that carriers come into. As they come in they pass a RFID reader and each carrier has a tag. The repair hole can hold 5 carriers. On my PV I show 5 displays.

If you look at my logic where there is a 0 it will write the carrier ID. How can I make it so it would only write to one location not all of the locations with zeros.

Clear as mud

Carrier repair cue.PNG Carrier repair logic.PNG

Hi, I'm not a hundred percent, but you may have to check the connection for the numerical displays in your HMI. Assign each display an address from your logic. I don't mean to say you don't know this, but I've made that mistake. Or use some copy instructions in logic and hold out the others in the queue until a new carrier is present. Just a thought.

The way I have handled this in the past is add a latch of the same bit on each of the branches in the selection logic then use normally closed contacts of that bit as conditions on each of the branches. Add a single unlatch after the selection logic. This will insure that only the first detected case will be services in each scan.

Keith