Detect On Top Display Number FTVW ME

Dirtleg

Hello all I have a program for a Panelview Plus6 1000 that I am pretty much done with but was wondering if there was a way to detect whether or not an On Top display is open and if so the display number.

My reasoning is that I'm using a multilevel permissions user/password database hosted in the PLC. This is a home grown bit of logic and everything about it works fine with one exception.

I am using an On Top display for the user name and password data entry. Once the correct password is detected I close the on top display and set the commanded display to the screen I want it to go to. But, if the user is already logged in and exits out to the main area when they try to go back to the protected area they get stuck with the login screen again.

I want to bypass the login screen if the user is already logged in. The simplest way to do this would be to detect if the login screen was being opened. But unfortunately I do not know how, or if it's even possible to detect when an On Top display is open.

I have it working now by making the Display Type "Replace" instead of "On Top" but would prefer the "Pop-Up" screen as it better suits the flow of the rest of the panelview program.

In Global Connections under the display tab I am using Replace Display Number as my actual screen detection, Remote display number as the commanded screen from the PLC, and Close an On Top Display to close screens.

So any thoughts?

Thanks.

As far as I know, there's no way to detect an on top display in the same way that you detect a replace display.

I'd approach it by setting the on top display to run a macro at start up, and another at shut down. Your macro could just set/reset one bit to say "login screen opened/closed", or if you want to try and mimic something like the replace display number global connection, you could have it set an integer to the number of the display. You'd have to code the number of the display manually of course, there's no way that I know of to tell a macro to write the display number itself.