testing application in RS view -ME edition

soya

Can anyone say the possibility of testing an application in RSview -ME through SLC 500 emulator driver

Can u explain how? i have selected SLC 5/03 processor and in RS view studio whenever i am rying to add driver an error message is coming regarding the juper id

regardless of this i continued and when i am testing the application again error comin telling "timedout reading tags and problem in writing tag"that means communication is not setup

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think it can be done. LinxEnterprise uses FactoryTalk. The emulator is only OPC. The emulator is available to Linx, but not LinxEnterprise.

If you're using the 485 driver in enterprise (which you're doing if you're messing with the jumper settings), it's looking for a REAL 485 connection out of your computer, not a virtual connection.

But according to what i understood ,when we use enterprise it will create a data server (which is in opc)

and if its looking for real driver..... that means its impossible to emulate rsview....am i right?

How about just putting the processor in a rack on your desk while you're developing -- not using the emulator?

soya said:
But according to what i understood ,when we use enterprise it will create a data server (which is in opc)

RS Linx Enterprise will ONLY do Factory Talk Live Data.
If you need an OPC link youll have to use Classic.

I had this problem trying to make Win911 link to RS View SE via OPC and it doesnt work.

I am not sure about RS Logix 500 Emulate, but I am testing my RS View ME application with RS 5000 Emulate.
I have configured Virtual Backplane driver in RS Linx. I was able to go online with my RS Logix 5000 project.
In my RS View ME application in communication setup local tab I have created path to my virtual backplane.
I am able to browse tags from processor in the virtual backplane.

PaulB