Red Lion Data Logging Graphite 15"

Edmhydraulics

Hi all you weekend warriors out there, I have a few questions about Crimison 3 on a Graphite 15" HMI.

For one, the information on the ports on the Graphite is pretty slim. What is the SD Card port name, and the two USB ports?

Second, and I assume I need to know the proper port names, but when I try to set up File Synchronization between the SD card to the USB port I cant get it to work.

Anyone who has any ideas, please let me know.

Thank you

Edm.:unsure:

I have not used the graphite yet and have not tried to File Sync between two local drives like that, so I hesitate to try to answer.

Can you give us a big picture of what you are trying to accomplish?

OkiePC, I have created a data logger for the customer on a remote application. He doesnt want to use the SD card option for moving his data to his computer system. Instead he wants to use USB flash drives. I read everything in the Red Lion manuals on File Sync, but it doesnt mention the drive names.

Edm

How about setting up an FTP Sync and using an FTP server on the remote PC? If they're on the same Ethernet network, then he would not even have to use USB drives. the data will automatically be sent to the FTP server as often as every hour. I have used File Sync once and I believe everything in the manual is aimed at this method (using FTP server on the same network).

To do what you describe, I think you simply need to use a script to copy the log files from one drive to the other...keep the logging to the SD card intact, and carefully write a separate program to copy the files to the USB drive following a button press or some other user action.

By carefully, I mean it will be important to make sure the target drive is inserted and has the right directory available...

EDIT: After further reading, it looks like you just have to enable the feature. Under Communications, USB Host Ports, Memory Stick, Settings, On the General Tab, change it to Enabled and press F1 for a description. Then on the Transfer Tab, make the appropriate settings

Last edited:
Thanks OkiePC, I have the USB port set up the same as your description. My question is do I have to specify the actual port, IE: C:, D: ect. Or just specify the file name that you want to move.

We dont have a PC at this location to FTP to, I just want to make the logs available on the USB stick so they can be handed off to the consultant.

I have a couple of questions in to Red Lion Techsupport, I will post their response when they get back to me tomorrow.

Cheers,

EDM.

I have set it up before on a graphite so that as soon as you insert a USB stick it automatically downloads the log files onto the USB. Is this what you want to do?

If so, you can do this simply on by clicking on the "Memory Stick" on the comms page, then on the "Transfer" tab.

DLMUK that is exactly what I want to do. Now do I have to specify a path from the SD to the USB or just the file where the logs are kept?

Thanks.

DLMUK that is exactly what I want to do. Now do I have to specify a path from the SD to the USB or just the file where the logs are kept?

Thanks.

I did not specify anything really - the image below shows the setup of my logger and the USB.

I believe if you specify the Source and Destination it will only copy the the files/folders specified in the Source field, to the location in the destination field. If these are left as default (root folder) then it will transfer all of the log files.
c3_logging.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xv4ay5ede7qmw6h/c3_logging.jpg?dl=0

I put a button on my screen which had the User Defined function LogSave(). The log buffer on the RLC is about 60seconds so if the user presses the LogSave button before inserting the USB it ensures that everything in the buffer is saved.

When you put the USB stick in the graphite will beep once to signal the transfer has started, and then beep (once or twice, can't remember which) to signal that the logs have transferred.

Okay guys, I did manage to get the USB data transfer to work. I have attached a screen shot.

Now what I need to figure out is the coding to set up the command PrintScreentoFile, and the NewBatch command.

I have read through the manual but its of little help. Does anyone have any examples of working code?

Thanks.

I know the ftp works, but i still need to use the USB, which I managed to get working last night.

Now I just need to get the batch and printscreentofile working. Anyone have any insight on these two functions?

Edm.