Upgrading Citect from 7.2 to 7.4

cjthemack

Hi there

Looking to complete and upgrade from 7.2 to 7.4.

There are two different plants one obviously 7.2 - one 7.4
Looking into combining them on the same version so one can run the other etc

What difficulties would be faced in completing this upgrade.

The scada system has rather complex updating structures written into the code for changes. ie synchronization of drives etc.

Was hoping for some general advice??

It really comes down to how the projects are designed and what Citect features are utilized in your system. Here is a general changelog of 7.x version revisions to Citect which will give you a general idea of what's changed between major revisions which could potentially break your 7.20 project, including Cicode changes, ini parameter changes and added or modified features. https://www.citect.schneider-electr...hats_New_in_CitectSCADAVijeo_Citect_v7.x.html What you could do is get a trial version of 7.40 and restore the 7.20 backup on it and take note of how long it takes to fix all the compiler errors on the restored project. EDIT: Hmmm, PLCS seems to have removed all the newlines in my message...

Last edited:
If you are looking at doing that I would look at upgrading to Citect 2016 - has been released. I have upgraded a job from Citect 2015 to 2016 recently with no issues at all. There has been a huge change in the front end with Citect Studio - long overdue. There are also some other nice things like a deployment manager for multiple clients and servers.