Citect 7.2 - Global privilege setting?

matt_sd

Hello all,

I haven't programmed Citect for for a time now so quite rusty. I've searched help but can't find a simple way to implement this (unless there isn't a simple way):-

A client has asked me to add security so that a user has to log in to change setpoints but can view anything. The project was created a few years ago.

OK currently there is no security, I have added users with privileges, login /log out buttons, inactivity timer, allow users to change passwords etc - all working perfectly.

Next is to secure the setpoint so view only and nothing can be changed.

There are many pages and the project includes a library of 100's of setpoint entries on the pages/genie/super genies.

Is there an easier way of doing this or do I need to go into every genie, every super genie, every setpoint entry and change the privilege restriction?

Surely there has got to be an easier way - global privilege restrictions setting so no values can be altered or in this going to take me a long long time to implement...

Thanks for any help

Matt

Every point as far as I know to change the security settings. The problem is that every point is individual - this gives great flexibility when you want to allocate different levels to each point but a PITA as you cannot globally alter the level on all set points. The usual plus and minus with everything.

Thanks Bob and Kellian for you advice.

As there were 100's libraries of genies, the easiest way I figured out how to do this was open each page (apart from the main menu page where the user logs in and selects pages) and do the following:-

1) Select all (for some reason Citect 7.2 doesn't allow Control A - have to select it from the menu)

2) right click and create a group of all the icons

3) then you can right click and select group properties

4) now I could select privilege restriction for the group, hence everything on the page.

Matt

This will work BUT makes editing of pages difficult, if someone in future while trying to edit a page removes the group then the security will be gone. Not sure but can you set the security on the page property.