24V vs 10V for 4-20 ma signal for analog input module

The diagram I have in post 6. What does it mean? 15 and 16 are terminals in the meter I know that but does the symbol next to where it says 24VDC sourced just represent the 24VDC PSU in the meter going to terminals 15 and 16?

Im trying to figure out what in the meter documentation shows its single ended. Here is the meter manuals on this link. It is the MAG-UM-01272-EN model.

http://www.badgermeter.com/Flow-Instrumentation/Electronic-Flow-Meters/ModMAG/M2000.htm

The diagram is ambiguous. But it is definitely a current output so forget 'differential' or 'single ended'. Those only apply to voltage inputs.

The '24vdc Sourced' is some 24 volt supply external to the meter. It would be better if an equivalent output schematic were provided or at least polarity markings on the external power supply. The word 'Sourced' doesn't resolve the question for me.

If the '+' on the meter indicates the most positive point of the output circuit then the arrangement shown would be 'sinking'. For visual help mark the top side of the external power supply with a '+' and the bottom with a '-'. (The 'load' is the input module itself.)

But I think the analog input module wants 'sourcing' type signals. If the analog output is isolated then it should be able to operate in a 'Sourcing' mode. If so place the 'load' symbol in the bottom leg, between the '-' symbol on the meter and the '-' side of the DC external power. The left side of the load would be the '+' terminal on the analog input module.

You have a 2-wire current transmitter. See page 2-21 in 1769-UM002B-EN-P. or you could call it a single ended current transmitter, if you look on p 2-20 the top example you need the jumper from V/I- to ANLG COM to connect to -24V of your P/S (it looks confusing because all the ANLG COM's are connected) and the + 24V to connect to your device (COM - term 15), then one wire from your device (ma analog output+ term 16) to connect to I in +.