Scaling using y=mx+b – a “no-math” shortcut ...

But I do have one question: will Elake20's Excel file work?
It will work with a few corrections. Here is a modified improved version that has a TEST function so you can check the value of a Y Output for any X input.

SCALING EQUATION.jpg

Attachments

• SCALING EQUATION.xls
    15 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Ron that really great job too many thanks could do check if that it correct

Y=MX+b
M=(Scal_MAX - Scal_MIN)/(Inp_MAX - INP_MIN)

and

b=Scal_MIN - ( M * Inp_MIN)

the "new and improved" PRO model doesn't have the same keys ... one of our members (ceilingwalker) sent me an email the other day with a workaround for the PRO model ... I've been too swamped to go over it - but I'll see how it goes in the next day or so ...

or maybe ceilingwalker will drop by and answer the question for you ...