RTU Monitor Ethernet Radio status

mak07plc

Could anyone help on how to monitor status of a radio. There is no status bit available from the MDS iNET 900 Radio, we are using to make our wireless network, to tell the PLC (micrologix 1500) about its status, whether the radio link is good or communication has been interrupted.

I tried S:33/4 status bit, but it didn't seem to work..

Thanks

Asmat

I don't think that you can since the i900 is strictly an Ethernet media. It doesn't particularly have anything to do with any brand of PLC or computer. This is almost the same scenario is trying to read the status of an LED out of a cheap 100BT hub from an Ethernet device.

The above is not necessary true for all radios. Data-Linc makes an integrated Ethernet radio for the SLC500 chasis. Here, they may provide some feedback for what you just described. By the way, how do you like those i900 bridges?