writting a basic intruction plc prgram

guscarreras

Hello my name is gus and I'm trying to understand and write a program using Allen- Bradley PLC. The program is as follows:
1. When the start button #3 is pressed, lights #5 and #6 should flash alternately at one second intervals until the stop button #4 or E-button #7 is pressed.
2.Once the lights are flashing, each time the start button #3 is pressed, the interval the lights are alternating should increase by one second up to a maximum of four seconds at which point the interval should go back to one second and the process would repeat.
3.When switch #1 is turned to the right, light #5 should stay on for ten seconds during the alternately intervals regardless of the number of times the start button #3 has been pressed.
4.When switch #2 is turned to the right, light #6 should stay on for ten seconds during the alternately intervals regardless of the number of times the start button #3 has been pressed.
5.Once light #6 has flashed thirty times, both lights should cut off until start button #3 is pressed again at which the time the lights will flash at a one-second interval unless one of the switches is turned to the right or Start button #3 is pressed more than once.

Separate the program into 3 ladder files. the first ladder file, or main file, should only contain the JSR instruction rungs. The second ladder file should contain the alternating timers and the rungs containing the outputs to energize the lights. the third ladder file should contain the rest of your programming.

I can only use Timers, counters, MOV's JSR, SBR, RET, I can't use the add command at this time, I would know how.

the Input and Out-put are as follow

SWITCH #1 WHEN TURNED TO THE LEFT IS I:1/10 WHEN TURNED TO THE RIGHT IS I:1/8
SWITCH #2 WHEN TURNED TO THE LEFT IS I:1/14 WHEN TURNED TO THE RIGHT IS I:1/12
START BUTTON #3 IS I:1/2
STOP BUTTON #4 WHEN PUSHED IN IS I:1/4 WHEN BUTTON IS DEPRESS OR OUT IS I:1/6
THE E-STOP BUTTON #7 WHEN IS OUT IS I:1/0

LIGHT #5 IS O:2/1
LIGHT #6 IS O:2/3

Your help will be greatly appreciated
Sincerely Gus

I think you would get better feed back if you asked more specific questions. I could write your program (do your homework) for you, but that would defeat the purpose. Post any code you have so far and let us know what you are having probglems with. Like "how do I change the timer preset", ect.

Jorge