Conversion from PV550-600 to PV800

Oliver Micka

Hi everybody..
We have a lot off oldest HMI ( Pv550-600 ). Many HMI is in end of life ( spare parts and repairing is very cost )
We would like replace this type HMI to a new PV800 ( 2711-T7T ) ..
So .. Are exist any utility to conversion? From PV550-600 ( PanelBuilder32 ) to PV800 (CCW) ?

One piece i musted creating manualy from begin ( one piece is not problem, but 20-30 pieces is lot of time )

Many thanks.:)

Is it not the case that you can import the old application into FT View Machine Edition?

You can directly import pba and pva files and it carries out a conversion for you.
There will be items to check on the conversion, but I saw a demo and it looked pretty good.

What communication is currently in use on the older units between HMI & PLC
There is a conversion application in FT VME as JohnCalderwood stated however if your present comm's is something like RIO or Controlnet You might have difficulties with comms modules on the newer HMI's I haven't used the 800's but converted a lot of older Panelviews that were RIO and ended up just re doing them manually. The older models were crude and the conversion doesn't allow you to utilize all the newer functions.
It is completely different programing but once yo get the hang of it it will go quickly.
Personally I use a WEINTEK HMI it is more cost effective and software is free.

Side Note:
I also convert everything to Ethernet when I upgrade the HMI