Redlion Remote Displays

Dylan.Concord

Hey guys. I have used g15 screens with sn-6001 at&t cellular routers to remote access my screens. my question is can you remote access two screens on the same cellular router at the same time or do in need a cellular router per screen? If i can do multiple screens through 1 router then how would i do that.

Thanks

I have ZERO experience with remote access outside of a local network, other than a VPN that an IT department setup for me on my pc.

My best guess would be an Ethernet switch and port forwarding ?

Last edited:
When you remote access a Red Lion HMI, if you are remote viewing the display pages, you are controlling the actual screen. Multiple people may access it at the same time, but if you, for example, change pages, the page changes on all views of the screen including the actual hardware.

I don't know what the limit is for how many instances of the web server are allowed at once. I think the only real limit will be your network bandwidth which is pretty minimal for this sort of use and even lower if you are using Crimson 3.1 software and the enhanced web server.

I have not used any of the cell-modem based graphite modules so what I said above may not apply. My experience has been via ethernet networks some of which are wifi based vpn routers.

EDIT: I just reread your post. Do you mean two different HMIs? Or two different views of the same one?

Last edited:
That ought to work fine. They will each have their own IP addresses, and they really don't take much bandwidth, especially with the enhanced (Crimson 3.1) web server.

It will depend on the data rate available to the connection which is impacted by the quality of the cell signal.

Are you using Crimson 3.0 or 3.1?