FTV SE Data Log error message

mister x

Just starting to learn the FTView, and can't find a reason for this problem when trying to edit a Data Log item, even one I built myself. The server shows active on the diagnostics line and also Primary Status: Active at the HMI server icon. Not sure why this error is occurring when clicking on any model in the folder.

Capture.JPG

from Rockwell knowledgebase, see below

Problem
When opening a Data Log Model you get the following error from the FactoryTalk View Datalog Editor:

The server 'Server name' in Area 'RNA://$Global' is out of service.

Additionally trying to start it returns the following error:

Unable to start Datalogger, since model 'Model name' was not found

Solution 1
This could happen if an additional IIS component has been added or if some of the other installation requirements have not been met. Ensure the following steps have been taken:

Verify that all the required IIS components have been installed.
Verify that Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration (IE ESC) has been removed.
Verify that DEP has been properly configured.
The instructions for each of these items are different for each operating system. Please see the installation manual for your version of SE for detailed instructions for your operating system.

If any changes are made in IIS configuration, you must run the RSViewWebManager.EXE program. In a default installation, this is located in C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSView Enterprise. After this, reboot the computer.

Solution 2
Same error message on a local application.

FactoryTalk View SE v6.1 (local) on Windows 7 (32-bit).

Added a second datalog model and then removed it and put all the datalogging tags into the remaining datalog model.

Deleted cache folder and .CAC file (per 43551 - How to delete cache in non-redundant SE HMI server project) and the .DLG and .DNS file (45689 - Trend or TrendX only relects realtime data) for the remaining datalog model and restarted the application to eliminate the error message.

Solution 3
FactoryTalk View SE v5.0 (redundant) on Windows 2003

Primary machine had the problem, but the secondary was fine.

Right-Clicked on Datalog Model-->Add Component into Application... and browse to the secondary machine and select the .MDF file for the bad datalog model.

Rebooted the machine and now it is working on the primary as well.

Solution 4
If the storage format is against ODBC, create the tables again.

Solution 5
Make sure the .mdf files are not missing from the DLGLOG folder. To verify this go to C:\Users\Public\Documents\RSView Enterprise\SE\HMI Projects\YourHMIServerName\DLGLOG and make sure there are .mdf files with the same names as the Data Log Models that appear in FactoryTalk View Studio.

Thx! I'll look into this. Should have mentioned using FTV v10 and Windows 7. It's really strange though, as it only happened with that one file, but may come up again.

Last edited: