FactoryTalk View Studio database error

corylee03

Hey guys.
So I have a panelview plus 7 that I have uploaded the current .mer out of and converted to an .apa.

Once I try to open the .apa to view the graphics and what not, I get an error saying, "An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file C:\ failed. A database with the same name exists, or specified file cannot be opened, or it is located on UNC share"

Has anyone seen this before? It may very well be something im doing. I am still relatively green with FTV. Thanks in advance.

Here is something to check based on the Rockwell knowledge base... you need a tech connect contract to view.
https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1041465

Right click C:\Users and select Properties > Sharing > Advanced Sharing and uncheck the box for Share this folder.

There is also a technote on Motoman software, if you have that installed could cause issue as it cannot exist on the same pc system as FTV studio.
https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/505640

Unfortunately the advanced sharing is not the issue. I checked to make sure that it was unchecked and it is in fact unchecked. I appreciate the article though.